Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Sweet Treat: Crock Pot Applesauce

Keeping with the spirit of Fall, I decided to make homemade applesauce in my crock pot. I found the recipe at Skinnytaste.com.


Gina has a lot of great recipes to try that feature low fat, family-friendly, healthy recipes.  This is the first recipe I've tried from her site, but it definitely won't be my last!

The applesauce is delicious, and it tops anything you could buy at the grocery store!  This is a perfect recipe to make in the fall, or any time of year.  Give it a try!  I think you'll love it!  I've already eaten all of mine, and can't wait to make more!

4 comments:

  1. I am making this this weekend! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Susan! Enjoy!

    I'll be making my second batch this weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so yummy...I've never had luck making apple sauce and I never thought to use the crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne! Thanks for stopping by. : )

    I've made this applesauce in the crockpot three time now -- it's SO good! As a matter of fact, I bought five pounds of apples the other day to make another batch. I use an immersion blender to get it nice and smooth, but you can leave it more chunky if you prefer it that way.

    ReplyDelete