Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Sweet Treat: Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies by Janelle @ Comfy in the Kitchen

As much as I wish that I could claim this recipe as my own, it's not.  I'm not the kind of girl who makes up her own recipes.  I'm a follower of directions, a copy-catter -- not a make-it-up-yourself kind of girl.  I found this recipe on Janelle's blog, Comfy in the Kitchen.  She has a lot of great recipes there!  Enjoy!

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe


(18 cookies)


2 1/2 c all-purpose Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 c butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 small pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375


Combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugars, vanilla, and pudding mix. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs. Add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour. Place heaping Tbsps of batter onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake until golden approximately 10-12 minutes. Take out of oven and let sit 2 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack.

8 comments:

  1. I've never seen a chocolate chip cookie recipe made with vanilla pudding before! Sounds yummy. I'm definitely going to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never seen that before either, Cathy. But whatever it does -- it works! They're very good! If you give them a try, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment Michelle! WOW I'm glad I got over here to pick up this recipe! It looks amazing!!! Thank you for sharing!
    Blessings to you!
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for commenting, Cherie! I truly appreciate it. : )

    I have no doubt that you will LOVE this recipe! I've made these for my family 3 times now, and they're a HIT! I used to use the Toll House recipe, but this is our new favorite. : )

    Have a blessed day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janelle! You're quite welcome! My family LOVES these cookies! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought sure I posted on this somewhere! Anyway.. my mom used to make these when I was a kid. So tender and yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Tina, I think you posted it on facebook. : ) Does your mom still make them? What choco chip recipe do you use?

    ReplyDelete