Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Book Review: A Passion Denied by Julie Lessman


Synopsis (From Julie Lessman's Website):
Has she fallen in love with a man who cannot love her back?

Book 3, A Passion Denied, is the story of Faith and Charity’s little sister, Lizzie, a shy bookworm who dreams of a fairy-tale romance. It unfolds a man’s dark past and a young girl’s shattered dreams … and the God who redeems it all.

Elizabeth O’Connor is the little sister John always longed for. With a fire for God in his belly, he has been her spiritual mentor since she was thirteen, sharing her love of literature and her thirst for God. But when his gangly protégé blossoms into a beautiful young woman bent on loving him, he refuses to act on the attraction he feels. His past won’t let him go there. Unfortunately, “Lizzie” won’t let him go anywhere else … until his dark and shocking secrets push her away.

My Review:
As stated on Julie Lessman's website, her books certainly deliver passion with a purpose! They provide the perfect balance of romantic and spiritual passion. I have thoroughly enjoyed the entire Daughters of Boston series. Julie Lessman is an incredibly talented author! She weaves her story and characters all in a way that keeps you turning the pages long into the night.

The characters, the dialogue, and the setting are all written in a way that completely draw you in. I found myself rooting for the O'Connor family just as if they were my own. Top notch writing, indeed!

Not only am I entertained with the stories, but I am drawn closer and strengthened in my walk with the Lord. God is using Julie in an amazing way to bring glory to Him.

I highly recommend Julie's books to anyone who enjoys Christian romance with a little heat! Julie's Daughters of Boston series has earned a place in my TOP favorite books category!

I will be waiting with anticipation for the release of book 1 in her Winds of Change series due out in September 2010. Book one is titled A Hope Undaunted, book 2 is A Heart Revealed, and book three is titled A Soul Restored.  (Written January 18, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment