Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

{A Quote to Inspire You} Charles Spurgeon


This is such an encouragement to me, because there are so many days when I feel like I fall very short of living a holy life.  I feel like a broken mess, and then I start to listen to the lies of the enemy.  The lies that tell me I'll never be able to live a life that looks like Christ.  I'll never be able to truly set a good example for my kids.  I messed up today, and I'll probably mess up tomorrow, too.  I'll just never get it right.

Yet, when we're in Christ, walking with Him daily, He gives us everything we need to live a holy life.  We simply need to look to Him . . . keep our eyes focused on Him.  It's not about what I'm going to do.  It's not about me trying harder.  It's about looking to Him, staying in His word, asking for a fresh-filling of the Holy Spirit, and receiving His grace.

It's a journey, and as Christians, we're always growing.  I'm so thankful that He's patient with me, because I need His grace on a daily basis.  Which reminds me of something Joyce Meyer often says, "I'm not where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to be."  It's a process.  The beautiful process of sanctification, where we are transformed into the image of God.  What a blessing it is to know our purpose!

Have a blessed day, my friends!

6 comments:

  1. Good morning, dear Michelle! Beautiful post, my friend, I couldn't have said it better myself! ;) You have it right when you said we have to daily walk with Him and stay in His Word. That is where our help, strength, joy and peace come from. And, Satan does come in with his lies when we mess up, and sometimes his voice is so loud it can drown out the voice of Truth and rob our peace if we let it. Yet I love that scripture in Micha where it says, "Rejoice not against me, O my enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness the LORD shall be a light unto me."

    Awesome quote, thank you for sharing it - and making it look so cute :) Our God certainly does give us grace equal to our needs, always the perfect amount for every situation. One of my favorite Spurgeon quotes is, "Your emptiness is but the preparation for your being filled, and your casting down is but the making ready for your lifting up."

    Thank you again for sharing, my friend. May Jesus fill you with His grace, lifting you above the cares of this world and the lies of the enemy to be an overcomer in Him.

    God bless you!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Amanda, please forgive me in not replying sooner, but I wanted to thank you for what you've shared here. I love both the scripture and the Spurgeon quote that you shared. I always enjoy (and am blessed by) the insight you bring.

      Thank you for your kind comments and prayers! They are both a treasure to me. :)

      Delete
  2. And, random question: have you ever read Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard? If you haven't it's an awesome book that I think will really bless you. I was talking about it with my cousin last night and I've been feeling like I should read it again, she said she felt that way too. That confirmed it for us and I plan on reading it again this week. Anyway, if you get a chance and want to, I encourage you to check it out.

    Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read this book, or heard of it. I looked it up on amazon.com, and read some of the reviews. It definitely sounds like a must read! I downloaded a sample onto my Kindle, and I've just started the first few pages. Thanks so much for the recommendation! I really appreciate it! I'll get back to you after I read it. :)

      Delete
  3. I was just thinking about this, this morning. The enemy loves to attack us and use our weaknesses against us, but when we look to Jesus the enemy has no hold.

    Beautiful post and I love the quote! Charles Spurgeon is one of my favorite preachers and writers! His words are always a blessing and your words here today are a blessing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comment, and for being here today!

      I love what you said about looking to Jesus, and the enemy will have no hold. So true!

      Delete