Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Monday, June 25, 2012

Music Monday: {Redeemed} by Big Daddy Weave

Every week I get a little concerned when I don't have a song to post that really "speaks to me."  Sometimes I have to hunt around a little bit to find just the right song, but other times, I'll hear a song, and I just know -- that's it!  That's the one!

I heard Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave a few days ago on KLOVE, and by the end of the song I was in tears.  It's such a beautiful song, and the way he sings is so powerful -- the lyrics just speak to my heart!  Amazing!  Praise the Lord, I am redeemed, and I'm not who I used to be!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV

Six years ago, I heard a lot of talk about being redeemed, but I didn't understand what it meant.  But now that I get it, it's the sweetest word I've ever heard!

Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear.  For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.  
1 Peter 1:17-21 NIV

The blood of Jesus is precious because of what it provides.
 
"Through it we receive:
Redemption. To redeem means “to buy back.” First Peter 1:18-19 explains, “You were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.”  No matter how moral we are before accepting the gift of salvation, our nature is inherently sinful (Ezek. 18:20). None of us can say we are without iniquity (Rom. 3:23). Christ came as a substitute so that you and I would not have to die in our wrongdoing or live in bondage to it. Jesus went to the cross for the primary purpose of redeeming us from a life of slavery to sin."
From Charles Stanley's Life Principles Notes on The Precious Blood of Jesus. 
 I am redeemed
You set me free
So I'll shake off theses heavy chains
And wipe away every stain
Now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed
I am redeemed

                                                             

I pray that you have a blessed week! ~Michelle : )

5 comments:

  1. WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this! It brought tears to my eyes. Growing up in a Christian home words like redeemed aren't as poignant when I read them in the Bible but this song really hit it home for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this song! I had my son type it into my notes as we were driving this week and it came on the radio (can't type and drive at the same time!)...I'm posting it to another blog I sometimes write on. It's message is beautiful and it stopped me to! Great choice:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! I had a feeling you might like it, too. :)

      Delete