Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Monday, December 3, 2012

Music Monday: {Gold} by Britt Nicole

Hey, Britt Nicole fans!  Have you seen her new video?  It just released last week!  I know this type of music isn't everyone's "cup of tea," but I love how her mainstream sound has the power to attract people (especially younger people) to hearing songs with a positive message, and songs that are rooted in God's love.  This particular song has been "remixed" for Top 40 radio, and I think that's pretty awesome and amazing!  The possibility of this leading someone to Christ is definitely there, and that can never be a bad thing!

From Britt's website . . .
With her career continuing to flourish over the last few years, Britt has made a point of maintaining a close connection to her beloved supporters. “After shows I always go and hang out with my fans, talk to them and get to know them,” she says. “I try to take as much time as I can with them, people really want to share their stories.” Noting that her fans “know they can be honest with me because I’m honest with them,” Britt points out that those stories also play a key part in helping to shape songs like “Gold.” “A lot of girls come up to me with their heads down, and I can just tell that they’re feeling broken,” she says. “I love that they can come into the show feeling one way, and then leave feeling like there’s hope.”

To foster that feeling of hope on a grander scale, Britt has extended the self-esteem-raising sentiment behind “Gold” to the song’s powerful video. Featuring a cast of characters dealing with issues common among today’s teens (such as eating disorders and self-mutilation), the “Gold” video aims to uplift and inspire. While many have made the connection of “Gold” as an anti-bullying theme, Britt is intent on not focusing on the bullies. “There are probably always going to be people who feel the need to hurt someone else because of their own insecurity,” acknowledges Britt. “But the message of ‘Gold’ is to remind those kids that are struggling that no matter what they have been told they are worth so much more than the words of another. Once you know that, no one can ever steal your shine,” she says of the intent behind “Gold.”


I hope you enjoy the song.  Be blessed.


3 comments:

  1. that. was. amazing.
    I love this song by Britt Nicole, and I love the music video too! :)
    Now... how to share this with the entire world? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello BatZion! Is this Francesca from Karen Kingsbury's Reader Room? It's GREAT to see you here! Thank you so much for stopping by! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is! :)
    <3 the stuff on your blog Michelle. Music, books, sweet baking... mmm.
    Take a look at my site:
    www.fhgcreations.weebly.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete