|Photo Credit: Cristy Jordan's Southern Plate|
I've been wanting to make a Pecan Pie for the longest time, but pecans are expensive . . . so, penny pincher that I am . . . no pecan pie has been made. I was thrilled to find this recipe by Christy Jordan! She uses pretzels in place of pecans, and from what I understand, some people can't tell the difference. I'm planning on making this delicious pie for Christmas, and I can't wait!
- 4 Eggs
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Deep Dish Pie Shell, unbaked
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 T butter, melted
- 2 T sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- For Filling:Place first five ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix with wire whisk until well combined.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Combine all topping ingredients in medium bowl and stir well with a spoon to coat pretzels.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over pie.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour, covering with foil after 30 minutes to prevent over browning.
- Allow to cool completely before serving. Can be made a day or two ahead of time and stored in refrigerator.
Copyright 2011, Christy Jordan All rights reserved.
Do you love pecan pie? Do you have your Christmas dessert planned yet? Do you say "pee-can" or "puh-con"? I say "pee-can." ;-)