Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Sweet Treat: {Monster Cookies} by the Pioneer Woman

Photo Credit: The Pioneer Woman
As much as I wish I was the kind of girl who made up her own baking recipes, and that I was oozing with creative baking talent . . . alas, I am not.  But . . . I'm a pretty good recipe follower, and I love to share when I've found a good one.  And this, my friends, is one tasty cookie!  It's called the Monster Cookie, and I discovered the recipe one Saturday morning while watching Ree cook up a batch of these on her Food Network show. 

Photo Credit: The Pioneer Woman
I followed the recipe to a tee (minus the pecans and I used unsalted butter), and I have to admit, I was a little leery about putting in 2 teaspoons of salt.  It seemed like it would be too much for my taste, and I was right.  That being said, the only adjustment I would make is to cut the salt down to 1 teaspoon, instead of 2.  And depending on whether you'd like a soft cookie, or a crisp cookie, just adjust your baking time accordingly.  My personal preference is a softer cookie, so I just didn't let them get too golden brown.  You probably already knew that, but I just thought I'd mention it.  ;-)


  • 2 sticks (1/2 Pound) Butter (salted) Softened
  • 1/2 cup White Sugar
  • 1-1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
  • 2 whole Large Eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
  • 1-1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
  • 1-1/2 cup Oats (either Quick Or Regular)
  • 1/2 cup M & M's (more To Taste)
  • 1/2 cup Pecans, Chopped (more To Taste)
  • 3/4 cups Chocolate Chips (milk Or Semi-sweet)
  • 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Chips
  • 2-1/4 cups Rice Krispies

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cream butter with sugars until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and beat.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add to mixing bowl and mix till combined. After that, add in remaining ingredients in whatever quantity you prefer. Add more nuts if you'd like, or more M & M's, more peanut butter chips or chocolate chips.
Add Rice Crispies at the very end, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix!
Use a cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, then allow to cool on a rack.
Serve with glasses of cold milk.





No comments:

Post a Comment