Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Book Preview: {Love's Reckoning} by Laura Frantz/September 2012



It's no secret, Laura Frantz is one of my favorite authors!  Her new cover has just been released, and it is gorgeous!  And as captivating as this cover is, I have no doubt that the story within will be just as captivating and breathtaking!  I can hardly wait for the September 2012 release!  It's going to be a sweet treat, indeed!
 

About Love's Reckoning:

On a bitter December day in 1785, Silas Ballantyne arrives at the door of master blacksmith Liege Lee in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Just months from becoming a master blacksmith himself, Silas is determined to finish his apprenticeship and move west. But Liege soon discovers that Silas is a prodigious worker and craftsman and endeavors to keep him in Lancaster. Silas becomes interested in both of Liege's daughters, the gentle and faith-filled Eden and the clever and high-spirited Elspeth. When he chooses one, will the other's jealousy destroy their love?

In this sweeping family saga set in western Pennsylvania, one man's choices in love and work, in friends and enemies, set the stage for generations to come. Love's Reckoning is the first entry in The Ballantyne Legacy, a rich, multi-layered historical quartet from talented writer Laura Frantz, beginning in the late 1700s and following the Ballantyne family through the end of the Civil War.


Laura is the author of three other books:  The Frontiersman's Daughter, Courting Morrow Little, and The Colonel's Lady.  If you haven't read them yet, I highly recommend adding them to the top of your list of must reads!

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Laura's newest book! The cover is gorgeous, and as you said, I'm sure the writing will be equally so. Thanks for the story synopsis-my anticipation is growing even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how you and Christina bless me this morning, dear Michelle!! This popped up on Google in my inbox first thing and it's such a wonderful way to start the day:) God has blessed me so richly with both of you. I'm praying for you both today and thanking Him for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and prayers. Your generous spirit is such a blessing to me! I'll send some prayers back your way also. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Christina! I know exactly what you mean! September seems so far off, we're all going to be chomping at the bit to get this book into our hands! : )

    Hello Laura! I was wondering if you'd see the post, and I'm so happy that you did! : ) You're such a blessing to me -- thank you for your prayers and friendship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, Don't you wish we could fast forward to September, get our copy of the book, then come back to the present? :) Well, maybe I'd stop the rewind button in May or June...Lol.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous cover!! Wow -I would definitely pick that up. And the plot sounds fantastic. Now we wait till September - such a teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read her other books, Susan? I can't remember if you have, or not.

      Delete
  5. I'm looking forward to this book too! Isn't the cover gorgeous? I love generational stories and this one is sure to be good! :)

    ReplyDelete