Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Monday, August 12, 2013

Music Monday: {One Drop} by Plumb

 
I heard this catchy little tune on KLOVE last week, and loved it instantly!  It's a feel good, dance and sing, put the top down kind of song.  A perfect song to get you going on a Monday morning.  In describing this song, Plumb says, "It takes a little bit of good, to do a whole lot of great."

"You know what, whatever was happening before you listened to this, take a break from it, and just have hope for a minute.  It just takes one drop." ~Plumb

Plumb is a fairly new artist for me, so I've been listening to some of the other samples from her new album, Need You Now, and they're very good!  There seems to be a wide array of sounds and themes covered on the album, and I look forward to taking a more in depth listen.  I also read a bit about her background on her Facebook page, which can be found here, and it appears that she is quite an accomplished artist.  I look forward to discovering more about her music ministry, and I hope you do too!  Enjoy and be blessed!


7 comments:

  1. Plumb is one of my favorites! I've yet to hear something by them I don't like:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her song 'Need You Now.' I recently bought her new album and love that there is such a variety of songs on it.

    I hadn't seen this video before, it's really cute and gives the song even more meaning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! I'm so glad to hear that you like her new album! I don't have it, but will add it to my wish list. :)

      I agree about the video giving the song even more meaning. Glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. Such a fun song!!! I was already tapping my foot when I heard the 1st notes of it. And that banjo in the background! (I think, it's banjo.) It's enough to bring a smile on my face. Love music! And I'm guessing you do too, Michelle? :D This is just a sunny thing to wake up to.. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Ganise! It makes me smile to know you enjoyed this so much! And you're right, I DO LOVE MUSIC! I listen to contemporary Christian music a lot, but I also listen to other artists like Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Ella Fitzgerald, Sam Cooke, Waylon Jennings, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, John Denver -- just to name a few of my favorites! ;-)

    I recently bought Van Morrison's "Moondance" album, plus a couple of singles -- Brown Eyed Girl, and Tupelo Honey. Oh. My. Word. I just love those songs! If you've never heard them, I highly recommend them. One of my favorites from the Moondance album is "Into the Mystic" -- wow!! There's just something about that song! That one and Tupelo Honey just wash over me like a warm hug. Amazing!

    Did I mention I love music!? LOL! ;-)

    Have a blessed day, Ganise. And thanks for visiting. It's means a lot to me. :) I'll be visiting your blog soon!

    But for now, I need to get ready for a day of substitute teaching. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, Michelle! Thank you :) I'll be checking out those songs!

      Delete
  5. My 2 year old loved this song and started clapping and singing to it! I'll have to get this for my iPod.

    ReplyDelete