Become an Organ Donor through the Taylor's Gift Foundation

Monday, April 15, 2013

Music Monday: {Lord, I Need You} by Matt Maher featuring Audrey Assad


Hello, friends!  Praying this day finds you doing well, and resting in His presence.  I don't know about you, but last week was "one of those weeks."  Oh.  My.  You know the kind where you feel especially worn out.  The kind of week where you've been pulled in so many different directions, it's as if you're a piece of salt water taffy that's about to SNAP!  Yes, that kind of week.  Whether it's too many errands, too many demands from the kids, or simply too much drama -- we can all relate to that feeling of being stretched to our limit. 

I heard this song on the radio last week at just the perfect time.  I was feeling weary, worn out, and disappointed in myself for how I'd handled a few situations.  This song just seemed to break me, right in that moment.  An overwhelming feeling came upon me, as if I'd come right into His presence.  The words spoke straight to my heart, and brought my focus back to where it needed to be.  I can't do this thing called life on my own, and I'm guilty of letting myself fall away from Him.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV

Lord, I ask for a fresh filling of your Holy Spirit.  I pray that I would never get so distracted by the busy craziness of life, that I would fall away from a close relationship with You.  Lord, I need you, and if someone is struggling with something today, I pray that this song would minister to them wherever they are.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've had those weeks! And I love this song--I can so see how it hit you in that moment. Been there, so glad He meets us right in our moments:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, Susan! So glad you stopped by! : )

    ReplyDelete